California mushroom and avocado toast (vegan)
Prep time: 8 MIN
Cook time: 7 MIN
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 200g mushrooms, sliced (use your favourite or mix various types such as cremini, porcini or portobello mushrooms)
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed (or more to taste)
- 1 – 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tsp lime or lemon
- 1 tsp of Tabasco® Green
- 2 slices bread
- Salt and ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until they turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to mushrooms. Continue to cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Deglaze with soy sauce and cook for 1 minute over low heat.
- Toast bread.
- Mash avocado with a fork, add salt and pepper, Tabasco® and lemon.
- Spread avocado mixture on the toast and top with half the cooked mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, micro-greens, nuts or seeds.