Recipe by Jessica Wenzel from Whipped It Up
Hawaiian Chipotle Chili
- 600g Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco® Sauce
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1- 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1- 19 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1- 14 oz can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 14 oz can Brown Beans
- 1- 10 oz can Tomato Soup
- 1- 5 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups Pineapple, cubed (if using canned pineapple drain off excess liquid)
- Sour Cream (optional for serving)
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (optional for serving)
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, add the ground beef. Over medium heat,
cook the ground beef, breaking it apart, until it is fully cooked. Drain off any
excess fat and return cooked ground beef to the pot.
- Over medium heat add the garlic, spices and Chipotle Tabasco® Sauce. Stirto combine and saute for 2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
- Add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, red kidney beans, brown
beans, tomato soup, tomato paste, and worcestershire sauce. Stir to
combine and bring to a boil.
- Once the chili is boiling, cover the pot and lower the heat to a simmer,
simmer for 30 minutes. Stir intermittently during the cooking time to
ensure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- After the chili has finished simmering, remove the lid and add the
pineapple. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 more minutes, uncovered.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh bread, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and extra Chipotle
Fully loaded chili dogs & Lasagna