Jalapeño, lemon & lime microwave squares
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes (Depending on microwave)
Serves: About 12 squares
- 1 ¼ cup (135 g) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (62.5 mL) melted salted butter
Super easy microwave lemon curd:
- ¼ cup (62.5 mL) melted butter, cooled for 5 minutes
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup (83 mL) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Tabasco® Green sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (6 g) lemon and lime zest
- For the crust, microwave ½ cup butter and mix together with graham cracker crumbs. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch, microwave-safe dish, lined with parchment paper. Cook in microwave at 80 per cent power for 3 minutes. Check to make sure the crust is firm. If not, heat an additional 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, mix ½ cup melted butter, sugar, egg yolks and egg until well combined. Whisk in lemon and lime juice, Tabasco® Green sauce, zests and slightly cooled down melted butter.
- Microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each minute. Finish with 30-second intervals when it starts to thicken, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour lemon curd over crust. Let cool, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.