One-pot microwave fried rice
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (225 g) Jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. (3.6 g) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Tabasco® Green sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery branch, diced
- ¼ cup (37.5 g) frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. (100 g) Sesame seeds
- Chopped green onions, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) toasted sesame oil + 1 tsp (5mL) for serving
- Combine all ingredients (except eggs, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, sesame seeds and green onion)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes
- Remove cover and cook for another 3 minutes, uncovered at HIGH.
- Add beaten eggs, combine and cook for 1 minute, on HIGH, uncovered
- Fluff with a fork, add a teaspoon of roasted sesame oil.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onions and Tabasco® sauce.